My last grandparent, aged 91, has passed away peacefully on Sunday evening, 5pm.
The last I saw him was early February, due to the celebrations of Chinese new year.
I knew that he was in and out of the hospital. But each time he pulled through and it wasn't anything serious.
I took it for granted that there'll always be a next time when I'll see him again.
I was wrong, so wrong.
I may not have been close to him, we may not have exchanged much words, we might not have any memories together, but that doesn't mean I should have missed my last time of seeing him.
But it's all too late now.
I wished I had put in more effort to see him. I could fly down to Phuket anytime. But yet I couldn't travel to the other end of Singapore just to see him. Realizing this mistake really sucks and I feel really bad and guilty..
I'm such a lousy person..
1 comment:
i'm sure your grandpa understands. hugs babe.. <3
Post a Comment